I’m having a quiet night in tonight. Licking my wounds which involves watching TV and going to bed early (and probably some crying).
Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t go backwards. I clearly wasn’t happy in that marriage and in the end neither of us were which is why it didn’t work.
But being on your own is hard sometimes. Here are some of the things that I miss about having a significant other:
- Someone else to do the cooking or shopping
- Having another person there to tell about your day
- Having someone to look after you when you’re down/ill
- Someone to cuddle
- Sex. Yes it’s true I actually miss sex
- Someone to spend weekends with
Ok that’s all I could come up with. Maybe I don’t miss being in a couple all that much. Here is a list of what I like about my current set up:
- I can do what I want when I want without having to explain or ask permission from anyone
- Not having to share a bed with someone!! I know, right? I guess it’s possible to miss something and not miss it at the same time
- Not having to make excuses for why you’re NOT in the mood for sex tonight
- Not having to cater to anyone else’s tastes when cooking a meal (apart from the children obviously)
- Not having to explain or answer to anyone about what I spend my money on (or don’t spend it on)
That’s all I’ve got in me for tonight. Hope you are well, whoever you are as you are reading this.
Good night X