My Highlights from Britmums Live 2014 #britmumslive #pbloggers
So, yesterday I had to escape the office to go and sit in a pub garden with a glass of wine so that I could try to make myself feel less blue about Britmums Live being over for another year.
While I was in the pub garden drinking my glass of wine, I decided to mull over my weekend at Britmums and write a list of the highlights. Using my new Livescribe pen.
Here is what I wrote:
I will elaborate below:
Friday (really Thursday & Friday)
- Meeting the lovely Laura from Max & Mummy Blog (@maxandmummyblog) and also my partner in crime on PBloggers – we had a fun night drinking margheritas in our room and also had a yummy pizza across the road from the Travelodge, then headed into the venue via Starbucks on Friday morning.
- Stripping off in the loos with Em from Snowing Indoors (@snowingindoors) – we both had sweat marks on our tops and I suggested we just went for it and dried them using the hand-dryers (the Dyson kind where you put your hands in between – not the kind where you could squat down under the blast of hot air!!!). I think my exact words may have been “I will if you will!”. Just brilliant!
- Giving my handmade Tiara (that I made on the train on the way up to London on Thursday evening) to Emma Freud!!!
- Then later on seeing that she’d tweeted a picture of it!!!
- Drinking margheritas on the train while making said tiara! (this list is not in order of it happening)
- Getting so many lovely comments on my nails
- Going to Waggamamas with a hoard of other bloggers. I sat across from Lewis from Dad Who Blogs (@DadWhoBlogs) and a member of the Love All Dads Podcast team. I had Liska from New Mum Online (@NewMumOnline) on my left (a lovely lovely lady that I have a big connection with). Originally I sat next to the lovely Claire from The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Life (@TheLazyGirlBlog) who was well up for a bit of karaoke after dinner (sadly didn’t happen due to Google Maps being shit & it being a bit late anyway) but then we shuffled up for The Ginger Warrier (@GingWarr) who is an absolute hoot! We are totally on each other’s wavelength. She is just as mad as me!!! (in a good way). I probably missed someone. I met so many lovely people.
- Drunkenly painting over my nails – with help from the lovely ladies who were with me in the Travel Lodge Bar. The worst culprit (the one that told me to draw a willy and then drew a vagina on another nail) was Alice from My Life, My Son, My Way (@Baillie_MyLife). She’s a fantastic giggle. There were others there but I can’t for the life of me remember their names or blog names!!!
Saturday (and a bit of Sunday morning)
- Connecting (again) with Liska from New Mum Online (both at the BiBs Ceremony & after in Bar One
- Eating away my hangover in the Morrisons Lounge
- Seeing my kids faces – happy to see me on Sunday morning