So, for this review, I thought I’d do something a little different. It wasn’t well thought out or planned (as you’ll see) but the good intentions were there, and I suppose you get a chaotic little view of my life!
I was sent these lovely books by My Little Big Town – you can follow them on Twitter here.
I was reading them the books before bed last night and I asked hubby to get a couple of pictures for the review post and I suddenly thought… why not take a video. So I got hubby to record a video of me reading one of the stories. (I hope this is okay and is not a breach of copyright or anything….). In addition to the video itself, I thought I would share a few things I’ve learnt about how NOT to make a good YouTube video:
If you want to make a good video DON’T:
- forget to disable any alarms that will pop up on your phone consistently and cause the video to stop recording part way through.
- forget to tell the lodger NOT to keep walking in and out of the area where you are recording because he’s decided to take THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT to do the recycling and does it in about 5 or 6 trips.
- go for the natural pajama’d look like I did. Put a little makeup on and do your hair!!!
- DO make sure the video records the entire content of the video and doesn’t cut off half way through or before the end
- let husband do the recording. Employ a professional!
So here is the video. Watch the whole thing. There is a burping incident about half way through which is quite funny. I apologise for the crappiness of the video but I rather like the content that is there – its rather real and I felt like somehow rerecording it would feel a little fake.